We’re Looking For Travelers Or Local Experts Who Want To Write About The Place(s) They Love!
Thank you for your interest/consideration in writing blog articles for us! Matt and I started We’re in the Rockies in 2020 with the dream of helping people travel to the West! We are thrilled to have guides, blog posts, and videos on 12 locations and are super excited to add more so we can be even more helpful.
Positions available writing about the following areas:
- Banff & Jasper
Read through this entire post and fill out the application at the end if interested.
- You don’t need to be a “great writer.” Odds are, you’re better than you realize. And besides, we’ll provide training.
- You need to know a particular area well and have a passion for it. You may live there, or you may travel there often. Either way.
- You need to be willing to learn, accept feedback, and strive to improve. We will provide blog writing training and checklists to help you be successful. Blog articles are written in WordPress (we’ll create an account for you and teach you how to use it).
- We would provide you with a list of articles to write, the needed word count, as well as the needed sub-heading, but based on your knowledge and experiences, this is sort of a give-and-take. All topics, however, must be approved by us.
- You need to be willing to put your name and photo on each article. This is because we want our readers to know that a real person who actually visits that area is writing the article. Your content would be the property of We’re in the Rockies.
- You need to be willing to include photos in your articles. Because travel is such a visual topic, you’ll need to provide photos. You retain the copyright but give us permission to use the photos in perpetuity.
- You would be hired as a contracter/W-9 employee to write a certain number of articles (15-30 depending on the location) We may also reach out to you in the future for updating articles.
We start our writers out at $.06 a word to begin. Once you are trained and your writing requires little editing, you will be given a raise to $.07 and then $.08 per word. This is always subject to change based on the economy and the market.
Blog articles are typically between 1,000 words and 3,000 words.
You will be expected to write two articles per month, due on the 1st and the 15th. If you are writing a long article, we may give you additional time. We will give you feedback on your article and your edits will be due a week later.
We pay once a month, on the 15th of each month.
Is This Job for You?
Our writer positions are filled by people who love traveling, are passionate about certain areas, and want to help other travelers by sharing their knowledge. This is typically a great way to recoup some of the costs of your travels or to earn side income.
How to Apply
Fill out the application below. When filling out the application, make sure to put “Go West” after your name in the Name field.
What Happens After You Apply?
If you are interested in this position, we will have you write a trial article to make sure we are a good fit for each other. We’ll give you a topic, a word count, and some things you will need to cover. You’ll be paid at the rate of $.06 a word. We won’t expect perfection but this will give you a taste of what blog writing is like and us an idea of your writing skills.