Your Zion National Park Itinerary
Most travelers spend hours or days trying to figure out the most popular sites and hidden gems to visit. We create detailed itineraries that give you a step-by-step game plan so you can get to the best places at the right times and have a trip your family will remember forever!
Zion National Park is a heavenly place to many (including me). Robert Redford said it was carved by God’s own hand. There are many places in the park with spiritual names, such as Angel’s Landing, the Temple of Sinawava, and Kolob Canyons. Many people make their annual pilgrimage to Zion to conquer one of its famous hikes. The two most famous are The Narrows and Angels Landing. One would be hard-pressed to find a better hike than either of these unique experiences.
- Angels Landing. Famous and scary hike with stunning views.
- Riverside Walk & the Narrows. Hike through towering slot canyon along and in the Virgin River.
- Emerald Pools. Beautiful hike leading to three different pools.
- Zion Lodge. The only lodging or dining inside the park.
- Zion-Mt Carmel Hwy. Road leading to the top of the canyon through a tunnel.
- Kolob Canyons. Separate section of the park with multiple slot canyons.
- Springdale. Cute gateway town to Zion.
- Cedar City. College town that some use as a base camp for visiting Zion.
- Grafton Ghost Town. Old West photo op near Zion.
- Kolob Terrace Road. Lesser-visited section of Zion with access to backcountry hikes.
- The Subway. Famous backcountry permit-only hike.
- St George. Fast-growing city an hour away.
- Kanab. Town on the East side of Zion some use as a base camp for Zion, Bryce, and the Grand Canyon.
- Zion National Park Trip Planner
- Do I Need a Reservation to Visit Zion?
- Hiking in the Desert: 11 Things to Know Before You Go
- 3 Things to Do in Zion with Kids
- 11 Cool Side Trips Between Zion & Bryce National Parks
- How to Hike Angels Landing in Zion National Park
- How to Get to Zion National Park
- What is the Best Entry to Zion? Zion’s Three Entrances
- How to Use the Zion Shuttle System
- What to Expect at Each Shuttle Stop in Zion Canyon
- Can you Drive in Zion National Park? (What You Need to Know)
- Where to Camp at Zion National Park
- The Best Places to Stay at Zion National Park
- The Best Dining Spots In Zion & Springdale
- Zion Recommended Gear
- 9 Things We Love To Do NEAR Zion National Park
- Are Flash Floods Common in Zion National Park?
- Is Zion Too Crowded? What Every Traveler Needs to Know
- Do You Need A Permit to Hike Wire Pass to Buckskin Gulch Trail?
- Is Coral Pink Sand Dunes Worth Visiting? (Things To Do)
- The Best Unique Hotels & Resorts In Kanab, Utah
- Is Kolob Canyons in Zion Worth Visiting?
- When Can You Enter Zion National Park?
- When is the Best Time to Visit Zion?
- Zion National Park Trip Planner! (50 min)
- 23 Great Things to Do in St George, Utah! (17 min)
- How to Hike Angels Landing [Lottery, Hike Overview, Tips] (14 min)
- How to Hike Emerald Pools in Zion National Park (6 min)
- What We Learned Hiking the Narrows: Tips for First-Timers (24 min)
- How to See Zion National Park by Jeep (9 min)
- How to Use the Zion Shuttle System (10 min)
- 15 Places to Stay When Visiting Zion National Park (12 min)
- Camping at Zion National Park: 5 Options (15 min)
- What Every Zion Visitor Needs To Know About Crowds (10 min)
- Epic 8-day Road Trip to Utah’s National Parks [Zion to Arches] (60 min)
- Zion 101 for First-Time Visitors (11 min)