Your Capitol Reef National Park Itinerary
Most travelers spend hours or days trying to figure out the most popular sites and hidden gems to visit. We create detailed itineraries that give you a step-by-step game plan so you can get to the best places at the right times and have a trip your family will remember forever!
Capitol Reef is a lesser-known national park in Utah, and it likes it that way. People do it wrong – they rush through it on their way through the Utah Mighty Five. It’s best experienced by relaxing while surrounded by red rock walls in Historic Fruita, or by getting off the paved roads and exploring the secluded areas of the park. At the very least, spend some time hiking to get some of the best views of the park.
- Fruita. Small town oasis, orchards, hiking, biking, and history.
- Torrey. Gateway to Capitol Reef – lodging and restaurants.
- Capitol Gorge. Scenic canyon route, historic inscriptions, towering walls.
- Waterpocket Fold. The defining geological feature of Capitol Reef.
- Cathedral Valley. Backcountry area containing the Temples of the Sun & Moon.
- Goblin Valley. Quirky state park with out-of-this-world formations.
- Scenic Route 12. All-American Scenic Road.
- Boulder, Utah. Small foodie town with 3 great restaurants and a state park.
- 9 Mistakes to Avoid When Visiting Capitol Reef
- Where to Watch a Sunset or Sunrise at Capitol Reef National Park
- Capitol Reef’s 4 Incredibly Scenic Drives
- Hiking in the Desert: 11 Things to Know Before You Go
- Capitol Reef Trip Planner (50 min)
- 14 Great Things to Do in Utah’s Most Charming National Park! (15 min)
- Don’t Miss These 6 Amazing Hikes in Gorgeous Capitol Reef National Park (16 min)
- Let’s Go For a Ride! 4 Breathtaking Drives in Remote Capitol Reef National Park (13 min)
- 9 Mistakes to Avoid During Your Visit to Capitol Reef (12 min)
- 5 Things to Hate About Capitol Reef National Park (12 min)
- 5 Things We Love About Capitol Reef National Park (12 min)
- Epic 8-day Road Trip to Utah’s National Parks [Zion to Arches] (60 min)