by Matt, Oct 2021
When I plan a vacation, I ALWAYS start with the map! The National Park Service creates wonderful maps of the parks that are a necessity when visiting the parks.
When you enter the park, they will give you a brochure that includes the park map. However, you can also access them online before you go.
Consider Bryce as part of “Canyon Country,” as there are many incredible things to do nearby. Here’s a collection of maps for these places!
- Bryce Canyon
- This is the best basic overview map of the Bryce Canyon.
- The detailed Amphitheater map shows the major hikes at Bryce.
- The New Bryce Big Map will give you a nice overview of the different sections of the park.
- The 2020 Bryce Canyon Visitor Guide has tons of info, including maps, to help you plan.
- For some reason, the national park seems to be moving to digitized maps, but the PDF maps are still the best. This is the Official Map Page for Bryce Canyon, which contains a digital map. But underneath it they often link to an up-to-date PDF map.
- Nearby Places
- The Federal Highway Administration has a map of nearby Highway 12, also called Scenic Byway 12. This is an All-American Road and worthy of a drive!
- Nearby Red Canyon is administered by the Forest Service, and is also a great side trip on your Bryce vacation.
- Nearby Grand Staircase-Escalante Nationla Monument is a sprawling area full of a variety of slot canyon hikes, terrifying drives, and backcountry trips.
- Here’s a map of ATV trails around Ruby’s Inn and Bryce Canyon, in case you bring your own ATV or want to rent one.
- The Garfield County website is an incredible resource for hiking, biking, horseback riding, and ATV trails in the area.
Our step-by-step itinerary has tons of maps to orient you to the right places to see, to hike, and to eat in and around Bryce Canyon. It will save you loads of time trying to figure it all out.
Bryce Canyon Map Overview
In this video I use the map to give an overview of Bryce Canyon.